Suffering with blocked ears? We can remove your earwax in one 30 minute appointment.
At both our hearing centres in Worcester and Stratford-upon-Avon, we provide a range of ear cleaning services to best suit your condition. These include: micro-suction, endoscopic and irrigation earwax removal.
Ear Wax Removal Important Information For New Patients
Due to an overwhelming demand and limited capacity in our practices, we are experiencing longer waiting times for ear wax removal appointments for new patients as of 14th July 2021 until further notice.
We are giving priority for this service to our existing patients and our hearing aid Premium Care Plan customers.
We understand how difficult it has been that other service providers have limited availability for ear wax removal appointments, therefore we are experiencing a high demand for the service. We are trying our very best to help our community, however we do have limited capacity in our practices. We hope to be able to offer our usual prompt service to new patients in the near future.
Stay safe and very best wishes, The whole team at Worcester & Stratford Hearing Centres
Signs you may need your earwax removed
Earwax is not created as a bad thing. It is actually a protection mechanism for the ear canal; the issue only occurs when there is too much. You may need it removed if you have:
- A feeling of fullness in the ear.
- The sensation that everything you hear is muffled.
- Mild Tinnitus (a ringing in the ear).
- Sudden hearing loss after swimming or showering.(Earwax is like a sponge, it soaks up the water and expands within the ear canal, completely blocking it.)
5 Step What to Expect
- You’ll be greeted by our friendly reception staff who will assist you with the registration process.
- Our clinical audiologist will then assess your wax build up and decide the most appropriate method of removal.
- Removal of wax via the appropriate method ( microsuction, instrumentation, irrigation or endoscopy).
- Application of cetrimide antiseptic cream (to ensure the ear stays calm and no dry skin irritation occurs).
- A post procedure assessment to ensure all wax is cleared and a healthy ear is observed.
Your whole appointment will last around 30 minutes.
All our methods are charged at £40 per ear
Attempting to clear earwax from home could lead to further problems; leave it to our registered clinical specialists.
Want more details about our removal methods?
Microsuction Earwax Removal
- The procedure is undertaken with a microscope and a finely balanced medical suction device.
- No liquids are introduced during the procedure, making it extra comfortable for you.
- Because we can see the ear canal and what we are doing clearly, it is exceptionally safe.
Ear Irrigation & Instrumentation
- This consists of pumping water into the ear canal at a controlled and steady rate, to dislodge and flush out ear wax.
- A metal basin is placed beneath the ear to collect the water and any earwax.
- This method is used if the wax is very soft and wet. This is often the case if the patient has been using lots of aggressive ear drops such as Otex.
Endoscopic Earwax Removal
- This method has clear advantages over any other removal method.
- Newly introduced procedure that removes earwax with the help of an endoscope.
- The endoscope is used to view the ear canal while the earwax is being removed.
- The endoscope allows us a high definition, extra wide view of the ear canal – making the removal even safer and easier to perform.
All our methods are charged at £40 per ear and we will decide at your appointment which would best suit you.
What more do we offer?
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
- Connect your hearing aid directly with your phone and discover the amazing capabilities of Bluetooth hearing aids.
- Listening to your favourite music and streaming audio calls with your family has never sounded clearer.
- Do you find you need the TV to be louder than other people in your house? Book a hearing test today and find out if we can help you.
- Before you can know what treatment may be right for you, you need an in-depth hearing assessment. That’s why we offer a hearing test that covers all bases, find out more here.
Meet the Team
- Put a face to the name and learn all about why we are so passionate about what we do.
- Learn about us and our levels of expertise to see how we can provide you with solutions to your hearing problems.